Addiction Recovery & the 5 Stages of Climate Grief

Glow from an oil rig off the shore of California.

Over the last few months of our travels, blatant scenes of a car-enabled and fossil fueled society have unfolded before us. The environmental problems we face as a community have become even more apparent to us from the seat of a bicycle.

When you’ve decided to change every aspect of your life to try to counter the devastating effects [Read More…]

A Short Rant :: San Luis Obispo to Pismo Beach

After packing our food pannier with goodness from San Luis Obispo’s Natural Foods Coop, we wandered along vineyards to Price Canyon Road, which took us in to the town of Pismo Beach.

Vineyards

When we arrived at Pismo Beach State Park we, sadly, discovered they had done away with their hike/bike rates. Instead of paying $5/person we [Read More…]

Berkeley :: Our Haven

Our time in Berkeley allowed us to catch up with friends, take care of bicycle maintenance and equipment warranty issues, and to recover from an unexpected setback.

Spending time with friends Jason, Sujatha, & Sathya was simply wonderful! We had many days and nights filled with engaging conversation, laughter, board games, story-telling and bicycling. And did I mention [Read More…]

Our Global Community :: It's not as dangerous as you think.

On rejecting fear and building a global community. [Read More…]

Vermont Works for Women : Educating & Empowering

Last week I took time out to go to a fundraising event for Vermont Works for Women with my friend Ann. Bluebird Tavern, a restaurant in Burlington offering a largely local food menu, donated 10% of all sales to the non-profit organization dedicated to empowering and education women and girls. It was a welcome opportunity to take a much [Read More…]

Simplifying: Who knew it could be so much work?

Image: dan

“Stepping beyond the confines of your comfort zone will call on you to dig deeper into yourself than you have up to now; to dare to accomplish things which have no guarantee of success and to trade the “fine and good” for an experience of life that is far better, deeper, richer and infinitely more gratifying to your spirit.” ~Margie Warrell, Find [Read More…]