After an extended break from blogging, I’m sure some of you are wondering where we’ve been and what we’ve been doing, maybe even if we’re alright.
The last time we checked in with you we were renting a place in Ajijic, Jalisco, in order to take a break from cycling. We thought we would only be staying for a few months at the most but life planned something altogether different for us. For one, we ended up staying through the end of the year for a much needed reunion with Kai’s parents.
Then we decided to rent a place for a few more months – partly because we wanted to try to finish our book and partly because we needed to work on some personal issues before we could continue onward with cycle touring (more on that in a future post).
Before we knew it, a year flew by.
And then we were offered a handful of opportunities that we couldn’t pass up. Like this one:
So, another year passed. Just like *finger-snap* that.
And a lot more happened too, but….
It’s a long story.
The short of it is, we’re still together and thriving. We’re still working on that book about our beloved tiny house. We’re planning to continue our cycle tour sometime in 2015. And we’re loving the lifestyle that has resulted from our simplifying and being open to the possibilities the universe reveals to us on a daily basis.
So Much to Share
As you might suspect, we have a lot to share with you in upcoming posts. Here’s just a bit of what we’ll cover:
- Sheila’s new bicycle frame and fork from Rodriquez Bicycles
- An ingenious addition to Kai’s bicycle transmission (of specific interest to cycle tourists)
- Why we carry a pressure-cooker with us as we cycle-tour (Yes, it is heavy but…)
- Our travel budget and how we sustain our lifestyle
- A break-down of our expenses for the last three years
- How to live rent-free while travelling
- More details on how we built our Tiny House on Wheels (and how you can too)
- Our S240 to an Eco-Fiesta (Ecology Party) in Mexico
- Videos showcasing Mexican activists – from anti-GMO marches to women’s rights advocates
- And a lot more……..
Where we left off
But for now, let’s begin with where we left off. November in Chapala. The video below gives you a glimpse of what that looks like. If you prefer photos instead, check out our Flickr site.
So, are you still out there or did we lose you during our blogging break? Wherever you are in the world, we’d love to hear from you.